Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sunstar/DA1920 26" tires & deck Height ?

Deutz1920

I just bought my third DA1920 last week on ebay for $800. Had the 26"tires, rear PTO, front Hydrolic ports. Motor runs great but front end a little loose. I also won the rear pto vac unit and the front mount thatcher. I bought the hydro plow blade when I picked up the unit.Everything works great but I am unsure about the deck height with the 26" tires. Does the deck need to be ajusted for these tires? I suspect the original owner bought this new with these wheels and would assume the deck was ajusted if needed. Just thought I would ask here before I hook deck back up for first time since I picked it up. PS. I finally paid my dues and I am a legit member now. I started out last year with a DA1920 given to me by my brother. Bought a spare on ebay for parts. Just won a Sunstar 16hp a few months ago for a beat up leave out in the yard machine. And now this DA1920 loaded. I will have pic's soon and more questions i'm sure.. Thanks for any advise Mark

I don't think the rear tires will have any effect on cutting height. The deck is suspended in the front . And the rear of the deck rides on the rollers on the ground

The dethatcher is for the DA/Ultima, were you bidding on that? Ronald, I thought i read somewhere in here when I first visited this site. Thought it said something about setting deck height. Maybe it was just the rollers rub the rear tires when you lift the deck. anyway...thanks!

I did not see it. PLEASE post pictures of it.
quote:
Originally posted by Deutz1920
The dethatcher is for the DA/Ultima, were you bidding on that? Ronald, I thought i read somewhere in here when I first visited this site. Thought it said something about setting deck height. Maybe it was just the rollers rub the rear tires when you lift the deck. anyway...thanks!

Hi Mark I have a D-A 1920 also,great tractor, I bought it new from Allis Dealer. I remember him telling me that if you used the 48" deck you could only run the smaller rear tires. (23.5 X 10 X 12)When you lift the deck, the brackets that hold the roller assembly to the mower deck can actually dig/gouge into the rear tires. Hope this helps