Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How About This for a Powermax Re-power?

powermax_paul

23 HP air Cooled Diesel. Wonder if it can be converted to Bio-Diesel [url]http://www.hatz-diesel.de/index.php?id=75&L=1[/url]

I would think that no conversion would be necessary for bio diesel. In my opinion do not run any animal fat bio. Use a vegetable oil like soy. Do not use used fryer oil and try to refine it into something. We have had good luck with anything from 2% to 20% soy/diesel mix. It seems that most of the manufactures do not recommend anything over a 20% blend of soy and I may be mistaken, but I think that John Deere recommends nothing over 10%. On of our guys ran 100% soy for about two weeks in his 95 Freightliner with a Cummins. He said it ran great but I was concerned that the soy would damage some of the O-rings in the fuel system.

Thats true no particular conversion is needed for mechanical injection motors.On some computer injected motors it is not recommended. however the veg oil,[I'm not sure of animal oils] are corrosive to some rubber and even plastics.With that eng. and the addit. of power steering and you got a beautiful/brute there!