Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Chris727

Finally some tractor time!

Chris727
Hey guys, its been a while since I've posted some pics, had to use the computer at home because of problems with internet explorer on my laptop. Finally got some time to catch up on some tractor time, 1st time home in 2 weeks. Here is the garden 2 weeks ago:

Got it all cut down with B110 #2. Now today, with finally some cooler weather, got to areate the yard with B-110 #1.

Got the garden tilled with the 710, this is with 1 pass through, looks much better than the weeds above.

Had to get out the B-12 and fill in a trench that had developed from my "improper" plowing practices the last 2 years.

Now that's done so I tilled it again. Going to plant oats here tomorrow, hopefully that will prevent erosion this winter.

Here is a shot of the 3 worker bees.

Here is a shot of all 4 of todays work crew.

I know the #2 B-110 looks ugly but I've only got $96 bucks in it, was a parts tractor then a gift engine came along, lots of labor in it though. All in all I got a lot done this afternoon, and plenty of "seat time."

gregc
Thanks for sharing your afternoon work/fun Chris. You have a fine lineup of ACs.dOd Would have been nice to have your Homesteader included in the pics.;) You must like using the armstrong lift since the only tractor that had nothing to lift was the one with hydraulic lift?:)

Chris727
quote:
Originally posted by gregc
You must like using the armstrong lift since the only tractor that had nothing to lift was the one with hydraulic lift?:)
Greg, you've got a good eye. The hydrolift cylinder leaks and won't hold an implement. I need to fix it but hate to tear apart the tractor again. The Homesteader is sitting in the barn with the engine removed, I finally got an original 8hp briggs with starter generator to replace the tecumsehC that was on it before. Might go ahead and paint it while the engine is out. 4xbill, the areator is pretty old and was made by airifier? Its a plug areator, probably 32" wide. I'll see if I can find more info on it. Thank You for the comments. Chris

B-16_IC
Nice pictures! That B-110 might not be real pretty, but it is obviously a real worker!^ I like your idea of planting a cover crop for the winter, also will build up the soil next spring when you work it under. Nice looking fleet, I especially like that B-12 looks like a well cared for piece for it's age.