Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rear lift cable

Larry88

Hi every one wish i had of came aboard earlier. Almost 2 years ago an neighbor stopped by and said he had just acquired an Allis-Chalmer and wanted to know if i would like to buy it. After looking at it i jumped at the price $200.00 It was an AC 916H 1690575 002224 with a Kohler engine. I did have to put rear tires on it and a fuel pump right away. Now i have several attachments for it. Have not got the Mower deck repaired yet. Going to make a few more attachments too. The problem i an having with it is The cable that operates the attachment lift in back. It broke several months after i got it right on top of the pully. Had to have another one made and now it has broke in the same place. What is wrong and how can i correct it? Where can i get the right cable for the tractor? Simplicity dealer here can not find one.

Larry, If the rockershaft on your tractor has the double ended attachment for the cable, you can connect the cable on the other side of the shaft to the other attachment hole. If you do this, then the pulley can be eliminated. Just put a bolt through the hole that held the pulley to hold up the cable when it has slack in it. This change will, however, reverse the up and down of the lift at the rear.

The cable that you need is part number 1657563SM and is still available. I bought one two months ago for about $34.00. If your dealer can`t find one I would try a different dealer. If it is breaking the cable in the same spot. I would remove the pulley and see if the spacer or bushing is seized to it or verify if the pulley is actually rotating when you are lifting it up and down.

Thank you very much. I will call them Monday morning and order 1. In my area here In Okla I only have 2 places to order from. They are both about 1 hour away. Thanks again Larry88

Here's Jack's website.[url][/url]http://www.jackssmallengines.com/searchdb2.cfm Kust select lawn mower and tractor, then go to Simplicity, then put in your part number. Comes up as $29 and some cents for your part.

Checked with the simplicity dealer here today. They must thank we are made of gold. They wanted $46.00 and change. (They are located in one of the most expensive areas in the city.) I will order it from Jacks website that DanD gave me. Thanks every one Larry88

Hey! Welcome to the site, Larry. I think you will find it to your advantage to deal with some of the sponsors here on the site. I live in western Nebraska and have no local dealers. I use the sponsors here and have found them very very helpful as well as priced right. You will want to think about joining the club as well. It will be the best $10 you have spent in a long time. That $10 is for a full year!! not just a month at a time. Dan aka IronPony