Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Used 7112 Value

mallen1955

What is a used Simplicity 7112 tractor with mowing deck worth? I haven't checked for any details about its age, but it looks fairly worn. I'm thinking about buying it to restore.

I'd start out at (maybe) $100 and go up to about $200 for that unless it's really nice or has a fairly new rebuilt engine. It's kind of underpowered with a 12 hp engine and it's probably been around the block a few laps in it's time. Reminds me of when I went to look at an AC 912H or 910? (almost identical AC version) a guy had in the paper for $450. I saw it and couldn't believe what nice shape it was in, really cherry looking, always garaged, seat perfect, etc.. I talked to the guy about it for 15 minutes and had no problem understanding anything he had to say although he did speak broken english somewhat. I asked the guy if I could take it for a ride. Sure, sure he says. I drove it around his yard and even mowed with it a little bit but I noticed when I engaged the deck that the engine smoked a little but nothing serious. I got back to where he was standing and asked him how much oil it used. "OH", he says in real hard to understand langauge, "I only change the oil, I never add any". This is where the communications got real hard to understand and should have been my tip-off. Huh? I'm thinking, OK. So, I shelled out the cash after a lttle haggling and brought it home. Looking it over the next day I figured I may as well change the oil so I popped the drain plug off and about a 1/4-1/2 a cup came out. Uh, oh. I filled it back up with oil and fired it up to find a smoke show that rivalled one of John Force's funny car burn outs and it didn't stop ... ever. I ran that until the engine blew around a year later, btw, we never had mosquito problems on Thursday nights. I traded it off plus cash to Jack Cobb for a nice 3212H a few years ago and I think I've seen somebody else in the club may have acquired it up in Wisconsin somewhere as I think I saw pictures of it on here. My point is that I got hoodwinked big time by this seller but other than an engine I still didn't make out too bad as I really wanted that 3212H and Jack really is into the AC's and he got a nice one with this with no or hardly any restoration involved other than a used engine. It's a tossup what you pay for anything, if you're happy and the buyer is happy so be it. Richard

Neither one of you guys is a member of the club and you most likely don't understand that this forum is not for "value of" topics. So, having said that, I will tell you a stock answer. The value is what ever the market will bear and not a cent more or less. Good luck with your tractors and welcome to the site. Dan aka IronPony