Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Dark

the prize posession

Dark
so ...just out of curiosity...what tractor and model is the clubs most collected??
quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Chris, I think he was wanted to know, what tractors we all have in common.
Yea what tractors are soght after and desired also what is your own pride and joy model:o)

Chris727
Do you mean which models are most commonly owned among the membership or which are the rarest and most sought after. Here are the ones I've not had yet and wouldn't mind having: B-1 (I do have what is left of one but would like a complete one) HB112, HB212, and Big Ten. Also rare are the Homelites, Montgomery Ward Squires, the MW Twin Twenty (powermax built for montgomery ward), Deutz Allis and Allis Chalmers 920 Diesel, Simplicity 7018 and Allis 718 with OHV Kohler and the 1959 Simplicity 700 with the "wonder boy" designation.

Ketchamized
Mark, For me, it would be a 4040, AC 920 Diesel, or a Pow'r Max. When I get one of those three, I'll be in dog heaven. :o) Antique-wise, I agree, the B-1, Big Ten/B10 would be very desireable for their cast iron drivetrain and cast iron engine. Truly, when these tractors are gone, they're gone.

ehertzfeld
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
When I first joined the club most of these guys wouldn't even acknowledge a 900 series, most of them have been converted.........
Bite your tongue!Cfoot daggers all the way!:D

debshirl
mark, really like them all but my favorite is the 300 400 series tracror the are kinda rare in my area these unit were built for only two years i also have a 64 landlord 2010 b110 b112 b210 with hydro lift

MrSteele
Way down here in Alabama, a Simplicity is scarce as hen's teeth. I have a 64 Landlord, would invest in another similar to play with, if one became available close by. for me, the fun is in the fact that I am using something that was made in 64.

Tom_Byrne
I like my round hood Landlords- I got started on them from old memories. My grandfather had Simplicity's for years starting with a Wonderboy 700, and later moved up to a Landlord- it was the first motorized machine I ever drove at about 8 years old. When I had the chance to grab a 1967 Landlord 2010 I did. Good, durable machines that if not pushed to do more than they are capable of will last for many years. I think the Landlord/ B10-110 Series may be one of the most popular machines in the club, but I have been wrong before;):D!

rpkpulling
I'm recently new to this forum, I live in Central Illinois. I have a 310 and a 314. Heavy, tough old tractors. I still use them both. The 314 is my work horse, the 310 has a new engine and the following impliments: plow, roto-tiller, dozer blade, both sets of rear weights, 42 inch mowing deck and a cab. The 310 is my collection piece. Interesting to note: The cost for each was $0. They were cast-offs. It did take a little cash to get them back to use.

Tacey
quote:
Originally posted by MikeES
Mark, the most common tractor model that is owned by club members is "the large frame garden tractor" There, I think that covers it, can anyone argue?
Kent can complile a list through the registry stats, no? The "most common" would be the one owned by the most members. Tacey I think that in general (outside the club), the most common would be the small-frame, Broadmoor-type. They were sold in the greatest numbers when new.

mooseman3210
I just joined the club today but have had three 400 series garden tractor's that i have enjoyed working on for years i just wish i had kept the first two this new one is here to stay .