Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hood in primer

joshuaareed

Well I finally got the hood on my 314 down to bare metal and shot some primer on it. I am finally making some progress on my sad old tractor.

I am going it slow, only one piece at a time, in case I have to use the tractor in the mean time.

Josh, Looks great! You could fill in the dents with bondo. That stuff works great if done properly. (But you'd have to remove the primer around the dents though) Looking forward to seeing your project progress. Carry on. :o)

Wow we were just there a couple of weeks ago we worked for ever trying to get the old paint off of it . It amuses me that it takes hours to get the old paint off but only one second to scratch the new paint .

Yeah I hear that. I spent several hours with a wire wheel and a drill to get it to this stage on both top and bottom.

David, Howdy and welcome to the club. I just sent the remains of a 314H up your way a week or so ago. The Fellas name was Bud and he's a member here too. BUT, I forget his handle in here.B) He was working on a 300 series steering sector. But will now have a few extra parts you may be interested in.

Hot Diggity,,,I found his nick in my PM files. Try a PM to stude283, he may very well be interested in parting out some of what you need.;)