Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hood gasket

richp

Has anyone ever replaced the rubber stripping on the hood where it meets the gas tank on a RBT tractor? It's missing on my 4040 and thought maybe Home Depot or somewhere might have something.

Rich, I know for sure Autozone has those rubber stripping, they use them on the edge of car doors as a bumper. It's not exactly the same texture or thickness as the original, but they look good and work good. I bought 8' (2x 4' strips) for $2.99 for my truck and they have stayed in place with no problems.

I have used door trim from Napa or Walmart for the hood one the wife's puller. I have seen them in white or chrome.

do you have an old torn tractor seat you may be able to use the plastic nylon that holds the cover to the pan easy to size with a tin snips they hold paint and can be smashed some for a good close fit.

Are you talking about the rubber seal that goes under the hood to seal the top of the gas tank from the engine heat or the trim that goes around the outer edge of the hood? My power max has the remnants of a rubber gasket or seal under the hood to seal the top of the gas tank from the engine (probably to keep hot air from blowing back into the operators face). Try an automotive body shop supply house or an automotive paint store, either one should have what you need. Mike

Richp, Check a boat supply store. I've seen it there by the foot, and is used quite frequently on interior fiberglass boat edges. Not sure I remember seeing black though. Greg