Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

shine

Dark

Hey ..I know alot of people use spray paint for ez use and some dont but here is a quick tip for that ez cheap shine on any surface...(Lemon Pledge) yep spray it on sit a sec then wax it off helps seal the paint with NO! white wax residue. I have done this for car shows so many time for last second detail work. Its cheap,It dont care about temprature, and works very well,even beads water sm00

Roy, Yes it makes them slippery, but the car smells like lemons. Makes your mouth water for lemonade or a lemon drop.:D

Armorall'ed my seats one time. Would jump in the drivers side, slide across the car, and bounce off the passenger side door. :( Slick seats are no fun.

This goes back quite a few decades but I had a 1971 Ford Galaxie Coupe that was very sharp. It was that light green with white top and green bench seat vinyl upholstery. I used Pledge on the the vinyl bench seat one day. This was back when you wore Hagar polyester slacks to work. I was coming around the freeway offramp with no seatbelt on an I came right out from under the wheel headed keister first for the passenger foot well! Landed completely stuck rear end first under the passenger side glove compartment! Plus my last desperate grabs at the steering wheel turned the car to the left down into the big grassy bowl. Miraculously the car rolled into the bowl and up the other side and back without hitting any rip rap or freeway abutments and I was able to drive out of there without anybody even noticing. That was the end of the Pledge and the beginning of a pledge to wear the seatbelt.

Jonathan, I came close to doing the same thing as you. I had a 65 Mercury Comet with bench seat. Went into a left turn very fast and when I turned the wheel I started sliding toward the passenger side. I was lucky that my friend was in the passenger seat with his belt on. He threw his left knee up on the seat to stop me and kept me under the steering wheel. I slowed down, pulled over to the side, fastened my seatbelt, and have never driven without one since.

Thanks for the tip..i also have heard of people using WD-40 like that too... BTW. Seems kind of off topic subject for show and tell considering there is no show..Even made it for a couple days like this..When ever I post in the wrong forum it seems they move it as soon as I post it...They must be watching me real good LOL