Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Greetings from new member

ghwrenchit

Hello, I'm new to the club, and just wanted to introduce myself. My dad has been a simplicity man all his life, with various flavor toys over the years many of which were Sears (Roper) machines as well as Montomery Ward's, and Simplicity. The walk behind 3.5hp tiller he purchade new in 69' has never had major service, and still starts on the second pull! Sorry I'm getting windy here, but to my point... When I was young, I didn't realize the quality of this stuff, now I do and can't stand it! I let my wife use the Crapsmen, while I play with the iron! When my dad bought the last of the large frame Sovereign's brand new in 2000 (48" deck, power steering, 42" plow) $6200.00 ouchhhhhhhh!!!! I knew I had to find one, within my means. So here I am and it is... http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/pop_photo_gallery.asp?MEMBER_ID=8966&M_NAME=ghwrenchit Thanks for listening.... Greg PS If you know anybody interested in the Bolens H16 and attachments that need to leave the stable, please drop a note. It's a beautiful machine, it's just not happy with the new arrival in the next stall!!

Welcome, Welcome. I am Dan and I am a tractorholic. We are working on a new 12 step program that will be free to club members. LOL:drl

Thanks guys.... I'm welding up the JD retrofit plow hitch and snowthrower mount today. I love weld'in, I love weld'in, I love the electric bill!! Greg

Do they all have to be Simp's or AC's ? ... If not I have 8 1/2 to go. :D Course the better half may not be on board with the plan. Come to think of it, she did mention a while back that she didn't want to train another one for the amount of time it took. I finally got her riding a MC, maybe I need to find HER a Simplicity. You wouldn't like the paint job I would need to put on it though.OO Greg

quote:
Do they all have to be Simp's or AC's ? ... If not I have 8 1/2 to go
Although ownership of the best tractors ever made is the best way to go, occasionally a brand X will slip into the stable. That's usually not a problem, that is, unless the brand X starts to propagate. Then it's time for intense therapy, and some seat time on a B1 or similar. Like the great Strother Martin said. "ya gotta get yer mind right"....

Welcome! Myself I have been on the 12 step program for years, just got my direction bettered in the last year! Remember, it is not an addiction until it affects your life in a negetitive way!:D This hobby will always be positive!;)

My stable is growing but I have to get replacements of the heavy Iron kind these guys old but good workers ready for retirement.

Greg, Welcome to the asylum....i mean SimpleTractors!!! It's a grand place. Been a member for almost Three years now and only had my hands slapped once for taking more than one cookie from the cookie jar! Enjoy the insanity...i mean comradery amongst the members.