Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

This followed me home today

B.Ikard

I went over to NC and brought this one home....the KT had the usual problem.

The 10 hours spent going over there and back was not too bad, thanks to XM Radio and the nice North Carolina fall scenery. This one will probably turn orange in the end but the more I look at the green the more I like it as it is "different" Planning a Briggs Vanguard transplant-I have enuff Briggs 16's and kinda like the V twin sound... Brent

Everybody likes to tell about the great deal they got.....I don't think I got the deal of the century but I didn't get beat too bad IMHO for $280 sm01 This one was lo hour, tight BGB with hyd. lift and original seat. It had been well maintained till the rod let loose. Around here (Georgia, SE USA) the market is very limited, I only run into a Simplicity/Allis once in a great while.....probably have to pay a little more for a nice one than in the midwest where the market is flooded ? Brent

You did OK. I got one like that last year, in Wisconsin, for $320.00 more or less. I was going to "orange it up", but the green kind of grew on me.. I have a 48" mower deck for it that might get the green treatment next spring.

Congratulations Brent. ^ With the open frame for the KT you should have room to stuff in about any type engine you desire. Edited to delete unintended material list.

Keep 'er Green Brent. The color kinda grows on ya. I just got done revamping a DA917 for snowblowing and wagonpulling, although with a M16 Kohler. Theres an Ebay seller by the name of Pirece that has reeplacement decals for those as well. The price you paid isnt bad. I generally give that with a good deck, then part out on Ebay whats left of the KT and get a good percentage of my investment back.

I was bidding against you on that one but dropped out. Glad to see that it went to someone in the club. I would have also brought it to GA as I live near Athens. I guess you didn't end up buying the Sovereign that you had posted about recently? I also saw that one on Craig's list but was way too rich for my budget. Like you, I don't see too many of these opportunities here in the SE. I hope you enjoy it! Post pics when you get it repowered. Greg Feliks

Greg, Randy (GWG Allis) and I are up near Adairsville GA....good to know we have another Georgia Member. The Soverign on craigslist was the one I looked at, very nice but he won't budge on that $1600. If you need anything let us know-I have a few parts tractors- Brent

Brent, I've got the bug for a large frame tractor with Hydrostatic drive and hydraulic lift...I'm still looking for something like you just brought home. Although I have been thinking about trying to find a hydro drive for my 7010 and switching it out. I switched out the engine for a 16hp Kohler earlier this year and put on a couple of ag tires but I still want to make a few more improvements. Greg