Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
actower

New member with questions

actower
Hi my name is Tim and I just bought my first AC, a B-10. It has the mower deck a snow plow, snow blower and a tiller. Now for the questions..... The tractor ran fine when I got it home, that is until I power washed the crud off. It started right up and I drove it to the shed and parked it. Now it isn't getting any spark. It has an auto style coil and the points look good, I changed the condencer and still get no spark. Any ideas what I did to it? The gentelman I bought it from said I needed a gear reduction to use the tiller, does this mean I'll have to change the tranny? There is no pully on the front PTO can you tell me what sisize I need? Thats all the questions for now, so far she seems like a sweet machine with lots of life left in her. When I get the chance I'll post some pics. Thanks in advance for any help you can give Tim in Marion Ohio GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

wilm169
TIM WELCOME to the club; The gear reduction is just a larger pully on the trans [like a 10" over the 6" you have]. I think the pully for the blower on the front shaft is 4 1/2". You will also need the belt guides for the front.

IronPony
Welcome to the Club! When you use a power washer on any tractor you just never know what got wet or even disconnected. Do you usual check for spark starting at the plug and working back unit you find spark or do it in reverse until you lose spark. Good Luck.

skunkhome
If everything looks in place I would suspect the points. I did exactly the same thing about a month ago. I wiped the points off the the engine popped immediately. I finally had to end up running a point file over them once to get it to run good again. I have been very careful to avoid getting water near them ever since.

Willy
I have found most often it the points I run a dollar bill between them to clean them,it will remove oil film and moisture with out leaving any lint . A little WD40 on the coil tower should displace any moisture there. Good luck and welcome to the club. The old foot draggers last for ever,with a little TLC.

MrSteele
Welcome to a group of helpers! The ignition cover leaks usually, in the rain, in washing, actually, anytime that there is water introduced, even moisture from high humidity. I'd save the old condenser, as it likely was not the culprit. You can alleviate some of the moisture problem with a little silicone sealant placed in the hole that the wires go through to the points, or by putting a rubber grommet there that 'squashes' as the cover is tightened.

ZippoVarga
Welcome to the club Tim. Great group of people here. Does your snow blower have three belts? If so, the pulley is already on the blower. You might contact the gentleman you purchased the unit from and ask if he has the pulley you need if it's not a three belt. Good luck with your machine! They are great!!!!