Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MarksA-C

75th Anniversary Simplicity

Al
Hi, As I remember there were about 1000 built. The plan was to have 1000 in the parade to set a Guiness World and it seems there were nearly that in the Parade. This broke the previous record by 6 or 700. We bought the tractors and received the serial number plates. The tractors were all grouped together and we went in the group and put our serial numbers on. We drove the tractors in groups of 100 in the parade through town. When we were at the end, we just parked them and the factory collected them and they were then identified by SN and crated and shipped to us. It was a great time. It was a great party. We stayed at hotels in Milwaukee. They had fleets of charter buses to shuttle us to the dinner party, and the the factory and proving grounds. When we got ready for the parade, each of the tractors had a bottle of water on or under the seat. It was a really hot day. I was parked beside a dealer from about 20 miles from me. I got on the seat and flopped down. The water bottle was under the seat and the cap blew off and I drowned my friend Dave Schafer of Ellis Implement. Had a great time and I many fond memories of it. As I remember we paid nearly $6000.00 for these tractors. I had mine sold several months before the event. There was no discount and I think this is what pd for a large part of the rooms, meals and bar etc. Each tractor was the entry for 2 people to the birthday party. This is accurate as I can remember it. Al Eden

Mike
I have access to 2 of these if anyone is interested. I would prefer club memebers get them. Otherwise Ebay will get em.....I may be taking pictures this weekend of them.....