Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Instr to read inside Primedia Lombardini Man.

2burning

There are probably better ways to do this, but I thought I would put this out here in case anyone is interested. Maybe I even posted this years ago but I don't remember at this point. Say you are a real cheapskate, and don't actually want to pay money for a book when you could be spending it on another new tractor part or the attachment you always wanted but have no actual way to make use of. :D Say some other careless person has lost the copy of this book that your local library had. But you want to read and maybe even print the pages of the Primedia Small Diesel Engine: Service Manual with the Lombardini 10LD400 information. Go to www.amazon.com Search on "Small Diesel Engine: Service Manual". Open that book from the search page, click on Search Inside. Search on the term 226, and choose 226 from the search. It should show page 226 of the manual and you can go back two pages to 224 where it is the 1st page of the 10ld400 section. Then you can go forward to 230, the end of the 10LD400 section. Well that lets you read it on the screen but suppose you say, "I don't want to drag my computer out to the shop so I can read this while I am working," then read on. Amazon doesn't like the idea of you saving the images of the pages onto your system for future viewing or printing, so they block the "Save Image As" in your browser. In Firefox, after viewing all of the pages as above, you go to Tools, Page Info, Media tab. Maximize the new window so you can see the images. Scroll down through the list and you should eventually see the pages from the book. Now you can do a Save As and save the pages as file1.jpg, file2.jpg, etc. Then you can print out or read the pages offline. Amazon does seem to timeout or give you only so many views of pages, so if that happens just close the browser and come back at a later time to view more pages.

Good info, thanks. Google has a Book search too. http://books.google.com/bkshp?tab=wp. Some you can read the entire book. Copyrighted stuff, you are limited like Amazon.

Good job! Another hint. I was looking for a sewing machine manual (yes sewing I do...) I have an upholstery machine which I misplaced the instructions for. Found it on the web as a PDF and couldn't save or print the manual. FIX!!! Go to Windows Explorer, Tools, Folder Options, File Types. Find the file type you are looking for... in my case ????.pdf Change the association to "open with notepad, or none", and go back to the web page. Because Windows does not know what to do with the file, it will prompt you to download the file instead. After download, fix the file association in explorer, and you have what you wanted.... I'm an IT guy, what can I say....sm01 Greg

There still are some good screen capture programs out there that are freeware. Try PrintKey. We use it at my workplace. [url]http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,22960-order,1-page,1-c,alldownloads/description.html[/url]