Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
4xbill

Hydrolift Rebuild - Someone else's Ingenuity

4xbill
Started to rebuild a Hydrolift I had for a while. It is going into my 2012. Got my O-ring kit from KraigRG(thanks).

When I took out this part, the ball bearing came out, then the spring and then... a screw head?????:O I was baffled. I guess a previous owner had put it under the spring for more spring pressure. I don't think it was a factory mod.

? Anyone know if the original springs are still availabe? ?

GregB
Its hard to tell with the fuzzy pictures but it looks like the wire size of the spring is a little small. You are also missing the relief plunger that the spring holds into the pump housing. I have that part drawn up, when I get home later this week I will try to find it scan and post. Also I will measure the spring. GregB

BLT
On the edge of the mounting flange of pump, there should be a series of letters and numbers stamped in and a PH logo cast in pump housing. You should be able to get relief valve for pump as that series pump is still in production. A Parker Hanafin store should be able to help you. It's a "D" series pump.

GregB
Good luck with Parker. I researched before about that. The pump is still being built, thats why you can still get the rebuild kit. Although the price has just about doubled the last time I asked. But as I recall, the pressure bypass valve, changed over the years. When I look for the drawing I'll try to find that info also. Greg

GregB
I found my sketch for the relief plunger. The plunger seats on the pump housing seat about half way up the 30° taper. The spring on mine is heavier than the picture. Tommorrow I'll measure and post its dimensions.
[img]/club2/attach/GregB/plunger.jpg[/img]
I tried to turn one on the lathe, the tool grabbed and bent the small dia pin end. I used 4140 steel rod, was going to try to harden it. The one I have is hard enough that a file barely scratches the surface. GregB