Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 712S Question

LesH

Did AC ever use a Briggs engine on the early (the one with the 2 small lights on each side of the hood) model 712S?? I believe that they only used Kohler.... I am looking at one that has a Briggs engine... Thanks!!!!

I had a 710 and a 716, both had Kohler engines from the factory. There is now a B/S in the 716. The 710 became a parts tractor and is no more.

A-C 700 Series tractors only came with Kohlers, feel free to check the literature and service manuals on this site. If you find one with a Brigg's it has been replaced. The equivalent Simplicity models used brigg's. You see hood swaps etc. from time to time that add to the confusion.

AC did sell a few later years 716H with a Briggs 16hp. These were later tractors with ring gear starters and square headlights in the grill. They are rare.

quote:
Originally posted by MikeES
AC did sell a few later years 716H with a Briggs 16hp. These were later tractors with ring gear starters and square headlights in the grill. They are rare.
quote:
Originally posted by PeppyDan
I had a A.C. 716 with a factory 16 Briggs several years ago but have never seen a 12 Briggs in an A.C. Dan
Yep, that's what mine was! Dan