Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Converting 42" Blower to Powermax?

eagle5473

Has anyone been successful in converting a 42 inch blower to work on the powermax tractors? They are a lot more available and a lot cheaper than the 52 inch jobs built for the Powermax tractors.....Any ideas?

A 42" would not even cover the width of the tractor. If someone were to convert a 42" I would think they would need to widen it also, just to give a path for the tractor. Dan

I just can't beleave you would buy a power max and want to do this.:O Time and money you will spend for a good blower and metal, pullies, and time, you will have the price of a 52" in it. They are not that high priced any more they should sell for 700.00, but they are selling for under 400.00 now.

Their not exactly growing on trees here in CT. I know of 3 of these machines in the whole state. Couldn't imagine how much it would be to ship it.

Rich is right there are not many snow blowers here in CT. I count 9-10 Tractors and I have 2, only 1 running.....Wings or side plowes are not out of the question, they would only be 6 inches on either side of the blower, I had seen a powermax with a converted CASE 42 inch blower a while back but no good build pictures....