Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Freebie Up date

Willy

I don't have pic yet so I'll just tell. I have been remodeling a lady's kitchen and I noticed a Crapsman Rider setting in some bushes at her neighbors house It looked like it had been there awhile I seen a girl out raking so I asked if it ran she said no do you want it,not being one to turn down a freebie I hauled it home. It's a twin cyl 16hp I hooked up the charger shot a little gas in the carb and it fired right off. It wouldn't stay running,when I get time I'll check the filter Etc. The deck is froze up but thats a little thing. I took a little time to look at the crapsman, I put a new ignition sw. in it,drained the tank what I got out of the tank sure didn't smell like gas. I put in fresh gas and she purrs like a kitten, (well maybe a Tom cat) It has a few other issues I need to check out. I don't have time now to dig into it,a good winter project.

Jim, It never ceases to amaze me how some people would just "dump" a working machine because of something small wrong with it. It's sad to imagine how many tractors are "junked" because of something simple. Well, sad for them, good for us. :D

quote:
I seen a girl out raking so I asked if it ran she said no do you want it,not being one to turn down a freebie I hauled it home
Just goes to show you that you dont know til you ask. I got a CC 107 with a newer engine and electric lift that way last winter. It was running but quit moving when they parked it. One pin in the drive shaft was all it needed:D. All they can do is say NO. And when your married you hear that word alot anyway;). Greg