Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Montgomery Wards

bkassulke

I was curious if anyone else has ever seen a Montgomery Wards Squire 6. Today I stopped by a gentleman's house and saw that he told me he had a simplicity made montgomery wards. Took me out to a shed and sitting right next to a beaver was a Montgomery Wards Squire six it even runs. I didn't even know they made such a thing. Benjamin

How about this under simpletractors drop down; http://www.simpletractors.com/wards_1962/lawn_trac.htm http://www.simpletractors.com/wards_1962/squire.htm

Neither of those are the tractor. It looks the same as a Broadmoore and I saw no sign of it being repainted. It had the rims that you use three bolts to hold them on. Benjamin

What was the color? my MW gardenmark squire is simplicity orange, however, I have seen newer Wards tractors that were gold. jh

The color is the gold like the squire nine that is in pieces in my garage. This is the closest matching pictureI found on the site(Simplicity 5010) . It has the narrow and tall tires on the back, but the deck in the second picture doesn't match the one on the squire. Benjamin

If you can find a serial # on it, if it's Simplicity built I believe they start with sim., if Gilson built I know they start with gil.

I have seen a gold Montgomery Wards 6hp before - just like the standard 6hp Broadmoor from 1963-1965. They had the smaller tires than the Deluxe version. Not sure if Wards got a deluxe version also. Probably pretty rare, at least compared to the orange Simplicity version. Tim