Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
scrowba

Replacing Hydraulic Lines

scrowba
Ok, this weekends task is replacing the hydraulic lines which go to the hydraulic fluid cooler, if the rain stops here in Maine. When I start the 4040 up, she spews fluid all around the driveshaft. I could not see any holes in the lines, but, it is the only place I can think of that the fluid could be coming from. 2 questions- can I use hoses purchased at a auto parts store to replace? While getting down and dirty doing this, is there anything else I could check check while I have the dash tower removed? Thanks Karl?

richp
I would say any store bought hose that could handle transmission fluid should be fine. There's not much pressure there as it's the return line.

D-17_Dave
Bill, yes they can put the angled ends on the lines as long as they stock them. Karl, you'll need single jacketed low pressure hose. You can use what is referred to as "Push Lock" or equivalent. This will take the heat and retain it's shape enough to seal correctly.

RayS
Bill, they stock the correct angles. They were not cheap. $46.00 for both hoses. The weatherhead fittings are whats expensive around $9.00 each for four of them.