Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Oops!

GWGAllisfan

Went to a local tractor show, and was the only garden tractor there. To make it worse, thanks to wet grass, a weak brake, a narrow place to park, and the Landlords tendency to lift the front wheels, I ended up at the the bottom of a 15-20 foot incline with the Tractor on it's side on top of me. It was still running until I turned off the key! This of course was not the plan and while the tractor was uprighted, some damage was seen.
[img]/club2/attach/GWGAllisfan/100_1942.jpg[/img]
The spindle seesm to be bent down as the tire still runs true.
[img]/club2/attach/GWGAllisfan/100_1943.jpg[/img]
So much for a new aircleaner lid!

Randy hope you are OK? I got you an air cleaner and I emailed you about the spindle.Hope everything is OK for you and the landlord.

The damage could have been worse for sure, but still sad. Very nice tractor. My only hope is that you faired much better than the tractor! Accidents happen, but we always can learn from them. My guess is that some green tractor was in your way to park in a better place!:D

Randy, Hate to hear of your mishap- As far as the spindle...there is a guy in Calhoun that has nearly 30 of the FDT's but was not very eager to sell them individually :(! Brent