Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
GWGAllisfan

Spindle and axle interchange

GWGAllisfan
Does any one know what the interchange of the steering spindles might be? I need a new right one for my 64 landlord, but wondered if other years would fit. This spindle is retained by a large cotter pin, whereas the one on my later B-10 uses a E-ring clip. Will these interchange? Would a complete front axle interchange? Up to what model?

Chris727
I think that even the 7000 series axles interchange, I think the only difference is that they are little heavier. As far as spindles, they changed them in 66 or 67. I know the late B-10 has a different spindle. They will work but if you only change one they won't match, the newer ones are a little better built, and look slightly different. Some have mentioned they thought the amount of camber or something was different, this is another reason it would be best to replace them as a pair if you go with newer ones. On the older side of things I think you can go back to the old 725s with roller bearing wheels, these should also be the same.

Roy
The 700, 725's, and B-1's have 6.5 degrees of of positive camber on the spindles. The later models only have 1.5 degrees of camber. 5 degree difference between them.