Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Member Saying Hello

ARot

Hey all, I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. The family tractor, a 1971 Simplicity System 7016H Sovereign was just passed down to me. I'm excited about your forum and knowing that I'm not alone. The tractor is in good condition as it has been well maintained, stored indoors, and used as a primary tractor for many years. I just used the revitalizer and roto tiller a few weeks ago to seed the lawn at my new home. I look forward to helping answer any questions and getting to know all of you. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Alex

Welcome to the club. Unfortunately you have to become a paid member to post a pic of your tractor, although it is the best $10 I spend every year. I think you may have the year of your tractor wrong I show the first year of the 7016 as 75'.

Welcome Alex, This is my new family since parting with the Bolens(x) Saturday... They (the club) is stuck with me now, "until death do us part"... could be a while... sm01sm01 91 Sovereign Greg

Welcome Alex! Good to see someone so close. I'm in Howell. You'll get a lot of good info here. If you haven't already, drop the $10 to become a member. Well worth it! :D

I just took care of dues and will try to get a pic up ASAP (with the correct year). :D I probably mixed up the implements/attachements guide with the manual when I was looking for the year. :I As for the to-do list: - Replace Battery (jump starting is getting old quick) --- We replaced the solenoid and starter several years ago - Get a new belt for the roto tiller - Figure out what's up with the choke position ---- It runs better with it slightly pulled out Thanks for all the replies. Alex

On you carb open high speed just between a 1/8 and 1/4 turn(CCW) and see if engine runs better. Then if that don't help, with a small amount of air pressure, blow back to the carb thru the fuel line into the tank. They have no filter in tank and have been known to plug up. On the choke, it maybe as simple as a loose clamp and the cable casing is free to move. That's all I can help for starts.