Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis 610 Restoration (Update 11/4/07)

MarksA-C

New Pics At Bottom Started the tear down, going alot easier than the 707 did. The overall restoration should also go faster...seeing how the whole tractor is only 1 color.

Nice work Mark , I'm glad to see a kid your age getting into these old tractors . I take it you folks have lightened up a bit about you taking over the Garage !!They should be happy your doing something productive with your time cause you could be doing a lot worst things in your spare time Keep up the great work I'm proud of you !!!!!!! :D

Paul, My parents are "ok" with me in the garage. As long as they can reach all their stuff, I'm good...Until the snow flys...Then I'm out and Moms car is in. Hope I can clear out enough room to fit in at least 1 tractor to be ready at a moments notice for the white stuff. Also, thank you Very much Paul! :D^

Mark: Looks like you're doing a great job. Nice to see someone else with not enough garage and too much stuff!!! When it's time for you to build or remodel your first house, don't make the same mistake I did---Build the garage FIRST!!!Regards, Dave

Mark you should save your pennies and buy your mom a remote starter for her car for Christmas. I think that would be a win win situation for you. Looking real good on the start to your 610.

dave, i think that is a great idea build the hose around the garage and have the garage in the middle Hummm what an idea...

keep up the good work mark. and listen to that old man fastpaul, he has a good head on his shoulders:). i sure like your lift. looks like its a back saver. will your parents let you build a shed behind the garage?. i can remeber those winter days in my 10 X 12 shed. had a extention cord running threw the door, work bench, 1 beat-up floresent light hanging, a radio, small TV, and a heater. if you check around you can good a decent deal on craigslist or local paper. even check with the stores with they have closeout sale. i have about $300 in my shed. i got the shed kit real cheap, and then i bought a floor kit w/ plywood instead of pooring a cement slab. it could be your own little work shop. that is if you have the room and the city permits it. [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/whoctober012.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/whoctober025.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you all for the nice comments. I won't let you down. ^ The lift has been working really nicely. Lifts whole Broadmoors and is very sure footed. You push it with a full load at top extension and it doesn't move at all. Perry, my parents don't mind about a shed but they think I have too much. I am planning on clearing out a few extras like the wards and all the parts (Except a few) and selling the 707. As for the shed, I'm getting one from a friend of mine for free! Its about 14ft x 18ft and has front and back doors. He also has a bunch of shelves that I can get for free. But I have to help him put up his garage...worth it right? :D

thats one heck of a good size shed^. once you get that you'll be a happy camper. plus you will beable to hide more tractors:D. well worth the trade of labor.

Long day of working...Not as much progress as I hoped but at least something got done.

This 1 bolt caused all the "wobbly" trans problems...

Engine on the left is my "new" engine, the one on the right is the old one.

Heres my sign(s)!

SAnded down the hood and used the filler/primer to repair the rust pitting.

Nice work, Mark. Try to do at least some every day, and you'll be finished soon enough to throw snow. Or, if your experience is like mine, the two years I had a snowthrower attachment, it barely put down a light dusting all winter...I never needed it! Tacey

• 2 weeks later...
Mark looks great i only Hope ours goes as well . Also love the lift . If you could some time please send me a picture of the lift very interasted in how the hole thing is put togeather . and how little room it takes up . thanks for the pictures ..