Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Fall cleanup in Central Michigan

Michiganmobileman

Hello to all Our leaves are mostly down, and seeing how the boss hopped on the tractor first and left me with the blower and the dog I took some pictures of her running the Simplicity 7016 with Vac attachment. (Need to hide the key)

I just really got to ask myself now, why have I raked leaves all of these years:(. Our previous home of 25 years was surrounded by Oaks and always a ton of leaves and acorns. Rake, tarp, pull, dump, repeat....... To think how much time I could have saved not to mention a sore back or two. Kathy says that this is definatly one of my better finds. We took the rig over to her mothers house and did her one acre of leaves and grass in no time at all compared to the MTD Ranch King we usually use. Dumped the trailer four times and would have dumped the bags at least twenty times on the other tractor. It also got me a nice full belly after we finished:p! Really glad I stumbled on to my first AC and found this site. Lots of great information and a good group to share with. What do your trees look like? Greg

Yep, definitely hide the keys! After that expierience, she'll wanna run it all the time! Maybe it is time to buy her one, great excuse to tractor shop.:D

It's nice to have some help,but you'll have to impress on her that the leaf blower is the wife's job. :D:D (It's not so bad sleeping on the couch.)XX(

Nice looking rig there Greg. Kinda funny how work actually becomes fun with the right toy's!sm01 I'm in GR by the way. It got to the point for me that the boss would have the grass cut all summer before I got home from work. Actually had to ask her to stop, cause I was sick of just looking at the toys. Now with the addition of the Simp, the problem will be even bigger. Did they ever offer a dual seat option???:D:D Greg

greetings fellow michigander. thats a good exscuse to buy another simple tractor:). its just not right only having one. thanks for sharing your pics. looks like you have a fun drivway like me to plow. do you have a snowplow and a grader blade?. leaves a falling here in auburn hills, mi. some trees are still green thou. been waking up to frost this morning.

Thanks for the replys guys. She keeps saying she likes to mow with the Ford better but its only a mower, no other goodies for it. Roy, I got to keep her, after this long neither one of us wants to retrain or be retrained:O. John, Yeah that tractor was well worth it, still no major problems after carb replaced:D. Did find out that the snowblower was on a newer tractor not that one as the belts are too long to fit the 7016 (fits my 919 though). Greg, hello down there. GR is not too far away about 1.5 hours. Still lots of leaves on the trees there? Johnm, the pictures dont do it the justice that standing here looking down does. One more quick clean up this weekend and I think we are done. Perry, Hello way down there. I currently own a 712H Allis as well as a 919H Allis, and a freshly paid for but not picked up yet 310 AC with variable speed, snowblower and other goodies. Cant have just one they get lonely. (Oh yeah two ugly blue tractors too) Do have a homemade grader blade on the 919H works pretty good. Also have a front dozer blade that was on the Ford that I need to adapt to fit on the Good tractors, as well as two snowblowers now. Got my eyes on another Simplicity when money gets built back up, newer one with a Kohler twin 18, excellent shape and a good price. But then Christmas is coming too;);) and thats how I got the first AC. Greg

Nice looking Simplicity tractor you have there. I also have the same setup on a Simplicity 7116H.:D Sure beats raking up leaves....not even half of the trees leaves have fallen here yet!sm00 Karl

HI Perry, I have a LGT 145 Hydro with hydraulic lift, rebuilt this fall .030 over bore, piston, rings, etc. And an LGT 100 4 speed that needs some engine work this winter if I dont sell it as it smokes always but still runs strong. The 145 is what got me hooked on the older tractors. Bought it at least 7 years ago for a good price and ran it summer and winter till this spring. LIKE THE SIMPLICITYS AND ACS BETTER NOW THOUGH. The LGT 145 would be sold if I can convince the wife, but next summer will tell as I am not going to use it to plow this winter, it is her tractor now. Not that it means she wont still use mine. I need to learn to play some of her musical instruments as payback. Greg

Nice looking set up ya got there. I love my 314D, hope to get some more A/C's or Simplicities as soon as money allows. Looks like your rig does a great job. Unfortunately I live about 40 miles east of Syracuse, NY and almost all of the leaves are still on the old maple tree in the back yard.

i retierd my lgt145 last summer. i use to love it for snowplowing and mowing. i had all new spindles made for the 5ft deck and then the engine blew the same year. the whole tractor is just to far gone to repair,.... again. now its being sold in parts.