Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

onan cckb muffler

MIspecial

Anyone know of what choices there are for mufflers for an onan cckb in a 1973 powr max? I called around and the simplicity muffler is almost $300.00! The tractor is new to me, been sitting awhile. I pulled the carb an rebuilt it. Can't believe it was running at all. After further inspection and advice I pulled the motor. WOW! I could of filled a pillow case with the amount of mice bedding that was stuffed in the tractor. The cooling fins were also plugged. Fuel pump is leaking a bit, thinking of going electric. On another note how long after you paypal dues does it take to go through? Thanks

Electronic paypal is immediate membership activation I think. As for the muffler, this is a single use application and with almost 40 years of service with low sales needs they are real pricey new. You can occationally find them in decent shape used on ebay. The only other alternative is modifying another muffler for this application. Success from this would depend on your creativity and fabrication skills.

Anyone go down this road? What works what doesn't? Don't need to reinvent the wheel. Just looking for tips. I'm a member now!

we may have a good used muffler for that tractor. i need to know if your exhaust goes out the front of the grill or out the left side of the hood. i would be looking at around $85-100. you can email me at tim@smallenginewarehouse.com. thanks tim