Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Addition

Tacey

I bought this 3410 on eBay last week. A little sand-paper, wire wheel, rattle can, and here it is. Tacey
[img]/club2/attach/HubbardRA/34103.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/HubbardRA/34104.jpg[/img]
Of course, this is what I enjoy about the Simplicities...
[img]/club2/attach/HubbardRA/34102.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/HubbardRA/34101.jpg[/img]
sm01

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
I fixed the pictures for you. I uploaded the ones you sent me.
Thanks Rod. I have enrolled in Windows Class, and I am not allowed to try to post any pics until I graduate!! Tacey

quote:
Originally posted by Chris727
That was quick, nice job. What kind of white paint did you use? Thanks. Chris
Rustoleum Specialty Appliance Epoxy Ultra-Hard Enamel. I had the can sitting around here for a few years. I had the can to touch up my newer Broadmoor, but it seemed too tan/yellow, so I didn't use it on that tractor. I did the front wheels first, because they were so rusty I was afraid that they were too far gone. I bought a little 3" grinder drill tip to knock off the heavy rust, wire wheel, light sanding, then wipe down with Prep-sol. The can has a "Fan Tip Nozzle" for a more even application, and it went on well. We'll see how it holds up, though. This is a worker tractor for pushing snow, grass cutting, etc. The orange is Rustoleum Specialty Farm Equipment Enamel in the #7458 AC Orange. Thnaks for the nice comments guys. The pics make it look better than it is, but it's still better than when I got it. Tacey

Nice job, Randy. Welcome to the world of large frame Simplicitys. It will serve you well for many years. Jim, from Venango Co.

quote:
Originally posted by JimDk
Nice job, Randy. Welcome to the world of large frame Simplicitys. It will serve you well for many years. Jim, from Venango Co.
Thanks Jim. This is actually my third Large Frame. I had a circa 1997 Landlord, which I sold because I preferred cutting grass with my Broadmoor. I also had a 3410, which I sold this Spring. Here's a pic of the three Amigos...
[img]/club2/attach/Tacey/Three Tractors.jpg[/img]
I like the larger ones to plow snow. I like to buy and sell; half the fun is finding them, and fixing them up. I think I'll keep this one for a while. But you never know...;) Tacey

The 3410 that Randy sold in the spring has definitely been earning it's keep. It was bought by my friend Ryan who now loves it. He then bought the Johnny Bucket and since then he has been finding all kinds of things to do with the tractor. Ryan bought a bucket from a Cub Cadet and I made the new mount for him. He is very glad that he could get that tractor.

Ahhhhhhhh, I does my heart good to see the old girl is earning her keep. Amazing to see, a 35 year-old machine that has already been well-used, still going strong. That is a good old 3410, but it shows a lot more wear than my new one. Whoever repainted that one covered the stencils and stickers. Mine are all in very good condition. Thanks for the update Rod! Tacey