Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
B-16_IC

Wednesday's haul cheap walker

B-16_IC
I took Wednesday off to haul a bit of scrap and go to an estate auction. On the sale bill it had a walker listed as a "David Bradley type", well it was a Simplicity model V!:D

I got the tractor with blade, plow, cultivator with hillers, harrow, and disc all for the grand total of three and a half! Yes that's with the decimal point in front of the five!:o) The engine is a model 14 that is loose, but the tires are badley rotted. I like the "farm engineered" wheel weights, this is not a light machine. The harrow is different from the other I have, I did"nt know how this got attached until looking at the Simple tractor site. It's a new one on me!

Every now and then I hit a sale that is full of bargains and this was one! Luckily the cheap stuff were the items I went for!

Karl_Brandt
Looks like you got a good deal on the Simplicity walking tractor.:D I have a Simplicity VA tractor that has the same harrow. Looks like you are missing a part on the harrow that attaches it to the tractor. Karl

B-16_IC
I had no idea how to attach until I looked at the walker pages on the Simple Tractors site. It replaces the shovels on the cultivator. Just another Simple idea they they had!^

B-16_IC
quote:
Originally posted by joshuaareed
Very nice!! Did you say $3.50 or did I misunderstand?
Yes I did, am I good or what?:o) Good sale, I also got one of those handheld Stewart Warner mechanical tachometers for $1!