Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Help ID engine

tim

Hello Everyone Hope this is the right forum to post this I have been reading alot of the info here everyday something new and great to me. So here we go I'm trying to find out what kind of engine this is all the info that I can get is Kolher Twin 17 Ser# 9933312 and its in a Ariens GT 17. Any help would be great.? Thanks Tim

This should take you to the Ariens website: http://partsradar53.arinet.com/scripts/EmpartISAPI.dll?MF&app=ARNC531&lang=EN&TF=Empartweb&loginID=ariensc&loginpwd=consumer&partner=ARNC . From there you can go to Kohlerengines.com and and locate the info you need.

What exactly do you want to know, It should be a Kohler KT17, either series 1 or 2, is there a oil filter on it? It may be a series 2 even if it dosent have a oil filter.

That is a KT17. With the serial number starting with a "9" that would make it a 1979 model. that would be a series one engine without an oil pump.

Thanks for all the help I talked to the guy yesterday that I'm getting it from and he found the other numbers (spec & model) so that made it easy to figure out what it was. Thanks Tim:D