Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Chris727

Got the garden done

Chris727
Thought I'd post some pics I took last weekend. Having planted garden #1 in wheat I had to get next door and finish garden #2. Got the 10ft weeds mowed

Tilled it with the 710, here's sort of an action shot:

Worked it under pretty good but too soft to push the spreader across.

Got out B-110 #2 and disked it, sort of helped compact things a little again, made it alot easier to wheel around the spreader.

Seeded it, then disked it, then reseeded it. Hope I'll get a little rain to help it out, altogether I have one whole 1/10th of an acre of wheat, is that enough to justify getting a Gleaner?:D

jfrank1962
When you buy the Gleaner make sure you get one with a head on it that is as wide as your garden so you only have to make one pass, that way you will save on fuel;) Nice looking gardensm01

Chris727
quote:
Originally posted by MN_FISH
Why did you plant wheat in the garden? When it’s time to harvest get a Case IH 8010 with a 40’ Macdon. :Dsm06
The wheat is just to help prevent errosion over the winter, and just in case I am to busy to plant a garden next year, the wheat will look better than more 10ft weeds. I could always plow it under in the spring for a green manure crop. The CaseIH is a bit outta the price range, I've had my eye on a Gleaner F or K with 13' head sitting a mile from home, probably could be had for nothing but probably would cost too much to get it going again.