Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wiring diagram

triker

OOOOI AM TRYING TO WIRE A MASSEY FERGUSON WITH STARTER / GENERATOR. IT IS 10 HP TEMCUNSETH . 1970 MASSY .WOULD SOME ONE HAVE WIRING DIAGRAM.AND WHAT TYPE SWITCH I NEED. IT DON'T HAVE COIL EXTERNAL. THIS HAS BEEN A BIG PAIN IN THE A__. OK I KNOW IT IS WRONG COLOR LOL .ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. TRIKER8C

I think I have one of those in a service manual somewhere, I'll look for it and post if I find it. Another good massey resource is the yahoo group, they may have some diagrams in the files section. We have a member or two here who also post there.

First off, I want to welcome you to the club. This is a great site with lots of information and a very helpful bunch of guys. Don't take this personally but please don't use all caps, this makes the post more difficult to read and is considered screaming. This has been told to many other new members in the past so your not the first and I'm sure you won't be the last! Those old Massey's are great looking tractors, do you have any pictures that you can post(we LOVE pictures)!!! Sorry I can't answer your question about the wiring! Dan

I thought I had one but I couldn't find it. I only have the diagram which shows the later type starter with flywheel alternator used on the MF10 and MF12. I might have one on my old computer but won't get access to that till the end of the week. Your tractor should have a magneto ignition with points and should wire up very similar to the B-Series Allis with Briggs engines, but the kill wire goes to a different location on a tecumseh, it goes to the outside of the shroud below the carb, where the briggs has it under the blower cover. I would recommend that you get (3) manuals: Owners, Parts, and Service manual if you plan on keeping the tractor. These are still available at a reasonable price through any massey dealer or at Jackssmallengines.