Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

yard-fresh B-210

Chris727

Just got this B-210. It belonged to a friend of mine, he took it in on trade, it had been sitting when he got it, then it sat at his place since 2003. I had always had my eye on it but just worked out a deal recently. Knowing it had sat so long, a week prior to getting it I put some marvel mystery oil in the cylinder to free any stuck rings, also removed the carb, put a good float in it since the old one was crushed. Amazingly the mower deck is not froze. This is what it looked like:

Put a temporary tank on it, jumped it and it fired up and drove on its own power.8D It was almost stuck in the ground.

It came with the original seat, he had that stored indoors. Cleaned it up yesterday:

The upper grille is not original and it also has an attempt at a homebuilt rear lift (doesn't connect to lift shaft). I have a spare B-110 upper grill that I'll put on it later.

Also has some creative throttle cable mods. The factory throttle cable is still available but is $46 thru Simplicity, the guy I got this tractor from can get the exact same cable aftermarket through Oregon for $12 so I told him to order two.

Overall it cleaned up well, the variable works ok but the clutch needs adjustment. The engine is a 1992 10hp replacement which may be low-hour, seems to run well. Looks nice at a distance but its a brushed paint job and is the wrong color. No hurry on painting it, the plan is to use it to cut grass next year.

Nice ride, Chris! I have a 210 that I need to get going, seeing that one did the trick. Matt, how much for the throttle cable?

I can get the part # from him later this week. Most likely one of your local shops sells oregon parts and can get it for you, I think Jacks Small engines may also sell oregon parts.