Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Large Frame Tiller Attached - Picture Request

ghwrenchit

If any of you Gent's could chime in if you are able to take a few detailed pictures of your tiller attached, side pulley's, and upper hitch I would appreciate it. I've been looking at the parts diagram's (7117) and am scratching my head a little. I received a free "basket case" 36" tiller, and I think I will need to fab up some missing pulley brackets, and the upper hitch lift arm. Thanks Greg (Just another excuse to weld...):D

Stan, Yes, that does help. Looks like I'm missing the proper lift arm... the "post" piece on the tractor if you will. Also, does the tiller use the cable lift, or a rod on a hydro? Thanks Greg

the 3200 series and down and the B series used a one piece ROD for the rear lift. The 3300 series used a two piece slip joint ROD for the rear lift.The 3300 parts manuals do not show this two piece rod. The 3400, 7000, 7100, series and 700, 900 series Allis Chalmeres used a cable for the rear lift. 3300 series rear lift rod.

Typical rear lift cable used on 3400, 7000, 7100, 700, 900, series.

Thanks guys, I'll try to source some of these parts before I try to fabricate something. Already have a cut up dog tie out for my lift cable now sm01, and "Skippy" (Lab/Boston Terrier Mix) seems to like his new one. It was only the few hour span a few saturdays ago that I did'nt let him out that got him upset.:D:D Greg

It would seem that the 3200 series tractors could have used either the one piece lift rod (included in MFG #990622 rear lift kit) or the two piece slip joint lift rod (included in MFG #990642 rear lift kit) for the rear lift since both are listed in most of the parts lists for those tractors. http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_100_3678_00_LL_S.pdf http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_1321_00_SV_S.pdf http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_1320_00_SV_S.pdf The Operator's manual for the 3300 series tractors lists MFG #990690 rear lift kit as an accessory. I don't have a parts list for that kit, but I feel sure that it contains the two piece slip joint lift rod also. Does anyone here have a parts list for the MFG #990690 Rear Lift Kit that they would share?

Thanks guys, Looks like the main thing I need in the diagram above is item S, "Lift Lever Bracket". The reason I was scratching my hear is because in the parts diagram view, you only see the left side and not the "Tube" for tiller reciever on the right side of the bracket. I'll post a parts wanted add. (found it at Jack's...$86.00 new sm02) Thanks again, the info helped a ton. Greg