Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

57 Wonderboy update

grnlark

So the lack of compression took all of 5 seconds to diagnose. Looks like the old Clinton Manufacturing 3.6 has seen better days. So I dug out a an old Briggs I had from a SnowBird snow blower. I just wanted to make sure everything worked before total disassembly. So, I bolted it on, quickly rebuilt the carb, and off I went! My wife thinks I'm a dork but I don't care! I keep telling her to just wait til it's all restored! sm06

quote:
Originally posted by Killer_A-C
Did you get my email about the literature???
Yes I did. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. The week was crazy. I might be interested in just the dealer brochure. Let me know what you'd want for just that alone.

Nice Job! I have wanted to pick up a wobblestick Wonderboy for years, but none ever seem to cross my path. Some day.... I see you are a Buick man also. One of the local shop owners in my area just picked up a real neat barn find- a 1949 Buick stock car with all the original lettering, interior modifications, etc. I'll try to get some pic's if you are interested.

quote:
Originally posted by Tom_Byrne
Nice Job! I have wanted to pick up a wobblestick Wonderboy for years, but none ever seem to cross my path. Some day.... I see you are a Buick man also. One of the local shop owners in my area just picked up a real neat barn find- a 1949 Buick stock car with all the original lettering, interior modifications, etc. I'll try to get some pic's if you are interested.
That would be fantastic Tom! I'd love to see it!

With apololgies to Forrest Gump... Dorkie is as dorkie does. Nice Wonderboy. That replacement motor looks like it's meant to be there. Good job! Tacey

Had my chance last year at the portland show to get a 57 wonderboy rolling stock for 65 bucks and when I went back the next morning, the guy had jumped ship and I missed out. So I brought home 3 5S briggs instead...lol. Nice looking machine!!

quote:
Originally posted by richp
Here's a picture of mine. It's a little newer, I think 1962. It's small, but it's a blast to mow with.
Yeah, That's COOOOOOL! sm06