Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Brought this home this weekend

GWGAllisfan

I thought this would never happen. My Brother-in-law was out with his brother, looking over a place to deer hunt, and while they were there, the BIL noticed a Allis-chalmers, asked about it and here it is. The left
[img]/club2/attach/GWGAllisfan/b-110_left smaller.jpg[/img]
the right
[img]/club2/attach/GWGAllisfan/B-110_right_smaller.jpg[/img]
In generally good shape, had been outside for a while. The hood wasn't on it so there were leaves up to the crankshaft level.
[img]/club2/attach/GWGAllisfan/B-110_leaves.jpg[/img]
Slightly worse was that a bag of fertilizer or topsoil had been on the seat, and this was the effect.:( The relentless warm and damp climate here in the southeast is hard on metal. Does anyone know what other models have a similar sized seat deck?
[img]/club2/attach/GWGAllisfan/B-110_Seat_deck.jpg[/img]
It had been outside for 4-5 years, was reported to be running when parked. Haven't had time to see what condition motour is in, But I'm not to optimistic since the crankshaft turns way too easy with a pipe wrench. Even if it dead, I have a spare 10HP. But here the part I don't believe. Thought this would never happen. It was FREE!:O:D:D The man wanted out of the way so I was in luck.

I'd check to see if a valve weren't froze but otherwise and ecellent find for free! Btw there are a bunch of models that share the same seat pan. There is at least one difference that I know of that may or may not make a difference and that being that a small number models have a double hinge on the seat pan. Most notably the Simplicity 2110 and it's Allis counterpart model.These double hinge models have the push button starter and a non-recessed key switch. Good luck!:Q

This one has a recessed key switch, for which I don't have a key, and then a small push-button in the dash tower, not the face of the dash, wired to the solenoid to start it. I didn't post a picture of the wiring, but it shows signs of some customization. I plan to see if any of the keys i have will fit it then see about the wiring. I just as soon just have a full function key switch, if i can find one with magneto kill. I was told it was parked due to some PTO drive problem, maybe a bad idler? Thanks for all the kind remarks.

Randy- Good find-I might have a pan from a 700/900 series around here but not sure if it would fit. Those old yellow ones are around here but in odd places I guess... Brent

The only notable difference that I know of in the seat pans of this vintage is that the non variable drive and variable drive pan brackets are totally different as the tractor is 4 inches longer with the variable drive option. Other than that I don't know of any other differences.Great FREE find!!!

Well, I got started on disassembly and evaluation of the B-110 Monday night. Found the mower deck has a couple of rust through spots under the covers but the spindles, and pullies seem OK so it should be usable, with some effort and maybe some patching. Was hoping to just clean up the dirt and leaves, figure out the wiring harness and get it running but several of the side panel bolts were so rusted the cage nuts broke, and I found more rust than I liked in the battery box and tank support. I have found that if you want to rot wood or rust metal there isn’t anything much better than letting old wet leaves sit on it! I guess the thing to do is at least go to rolling chassis and see what work is needed from there.
[img]/club2/attach/GWGAllisfan/batttery_Box.JPG[/img]
inside the frame
[img]/club2/attach/GWGAllisfan/Inside Frame.JPG[/img]
I’m real unsure what to do since the outside and the decals are in such good shape. Maybe I can mask over the bigger ones. But I guess I'll have to paint it since I'll have to replace the seat pan. On the plus side, after spraying quite a bit of penetrant lubricant into the plug hole, and letting it sit, it appears the engine has some compression, and spark, but since it has a heavy drag as you turn it and I hear a scraping sound, I think I’ll replace it with another for now then troubleshoot this one later.

The drag could be your starter, or maybe the mower is engaged, possibly even nests in the blower cover, don't worry the battery tray is in pretty average shape. The one I am using on my #2 B-110 has a big hole in it, and out of the 15 + FDT's I've had or parted, they all had rust about like yours, not holes all the way through but almost always pitted. Battery acid usually causes most of the damage, I think thats why its so hard to find decent battery side panels.

Randy, You have the beginning of a great tractor. I restored a B-110 using the best parts of two rusty ones. Here are the before and after pictures. My battery area was quite rusty, but there is lots of metal there. It is pitted some, but the paint seems to be holding. Good luck, Jim