Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Big Ten Wrenching ( Before The Restoration )

FastPaul

Hey Guy's I had a great day of wrenching on the Big ten !! I'm going to restore this machine to better than new !My plans were today to install the Hydro-lift and fix the sloppy steering ,the original front end was so worn out I decided to use the front end out of a 3410 that I had for parts. After getting into it I found that this tractor already had a Hydro-Lift on it at one time, You'll see in the pics. The marks in the paint where the nuts were tightened to hold the pump on. The PTO bracket appears to be correct too. I also found marks in the paint that appeared to be from a HI - Low pulley,Can It be Told by the serial # 039311 what this tractor was originaly set up with ?? The hydro lift dose have a leaky front seal but works strong and holds good in both up & down mode's The steering is like new . Stay tuned I'm going to start restoring her soon :D This is not going to be my typical FastPaul Job, This ones going to be perfect I really like this tractor and I'm going to make her brand new again !!!!!!!!

That surely is a fine looking tractor, and I am sure you will make us all proud. I can't wait to see how it comes together.

These old B's are great you can wear then down but you can't wear them out. All they ask of you is gas, oil and paint every 10 year or so. I've had my first B-10 for 34 years ,I repowed it three times a 10,12,14 hp eng and now I have a 16 hp twin I'll be putting in it when I get some time. Hard to beat the Foot Draggers.:D

Looking forward to seeing your work. I am guessing MediumPaul is still quite impressive. I put a lot of hours on my Big Ten, until it went into semi-retirement. Now it pretty much just goes to shows.

I don't see any thing getting done next weekend, seeing how you probably going to Vermont!:O:D Yes, I'm watching you!!!}:):o):D

another hydro lift:O. man you guys must have all them hydro's out east. i just cant seem to stir one up here in southern michigan. i had a heck of a good run on saving tractors over the year, but still no hydro lifts. i guess ill find one eventually sticking up out of the weeds:).

Paul...Looks like an excellent candidate for a full on restoration. Just wish my Sovereign was in as good a shape when I started.. Welds here and there, sheet metal all boogered up, grill smashed....(those 725 holes in that grill bout made me give up...lol.), incorrect S/G bracket, numerous incorrect bolts (Thank goodness for the 2110 donor parts), and it still needs the belt guard on the mid PTO ,the correct hood bolts and a decent seat pan. I did put the Sovereign back in service and it got it's first battle wound last weekend while I was mounding up the leaves to burn. Looking good, and looking forward to seeing the restoration process.

• 3 weeks later...