Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

blitz fogger

dav

i now have a blitz fogger. it was mounted on the B-12 at some time but was stuffed in a box when i got it. it has a plastic hose that is melted on the end searching the club site gets me a pic of the wrong side of the tractor. can't see any details. anyone know how this works? a pic of how it sprays/drips onto the muffler would be appreciated.

http://meltingpot.fortunecity.com/austria/567/lgattach1973.html Just for some history. http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/museum/artifacts/archives/001296.asp

fascinating!! didn't think about how old this is. DDT. i remember as a kid waiting for the fogging truck to come up the road. we could hear it as it did streets nearby, always just after supper. as soon as it came into sight, my parents would hustle us into the house and close the doors and windows. 15 minutes or so later, we would go back out on the porch and listen to the sprayer slowly fading away as it did streets further away. the air always had an odd smell to it. in the morning there were always notices stapled to the trees telling that they had been sprayed with ddt. never saw anyone posting them, they were just there! anyway, i don't plan to use the fogger but would like to get it back to original. the tank is in good condition but the hose just ends. shouldn't there be some kind of dispensor to drip the chemical onto the exhaust? or was it injected into the muffler somehow? and does anyone have a pic of the decal that goes on the end of the tank?

Imagine how many neighbors or authorities would be at the door if that was used in a residential area today? Is that what a typical Seafoam session should look like?

The Blitz that my dad had also had a modified muffler. was a narrow diameter tube on the top of the muffler(the muffler looked like a Briggs OEM and not the nelson"coffee can") The hose fit on to this 5-6" tube and the pressure forced it into the muffler. I was very young at the time so i don't remember a lot of details but i believe the thing was somewhat universal in that he also bought it for our gravely. Anyhow I remember it being injected into the pipe--before the canister.