Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Chris727

Snowblower hitch ID

Chris727
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is the correct hitch to use with a single belt blower for a B-Series? http://cgi.ebay.com/simplicity-snow-hitch-for-Sovereign-60s-version_W0QQitemZ330183610665QQihZ014QQcategoryZ42230QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem I have a 42" blower for an RBT, and don't have a powerful enough RBT, nor one with the correct PTO for it, so I am wondering if the body of this blower is the same, could I use a B-series single belt hitch with a the clutch on it and use it on a B-12? This hitch is described as being for a the older tractors but doesn't look like it has the clutch on it from what I can see in the pics. Thank You. Chris

ehertzfeld
Just to make it clearer, like Maynard said, that hitch is for a RBT style tractor that uses a mechanical or electrical PTO on the front of the engine. The type your asking about, has the PTO on the hitch. It's close but not the same.

mooseman3210
this is a picture of my snow blower pully system . it looks alot like the one in the pic from ebay i may be wrong but someone used this blower on a B series tractor with no modifactions other then they welded it to the blower frame Hope this helps .

The picture doesn't show it but the pullys are on a pin and swivel with the movement of the belts .

I tried to get some angles of it to help out with the way it hooks up

Chris727
Thanks Mooseman, the blower will turn off on yours becuase of the electric clutch, if he had it on a B then as Elon said, it must have run constantly. I didn't know if maybe the housings were different too but I think they are the same or are close enough, I'll just keep an eye on ebay for a hitch. Thanks. Chris