Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

hood stripes

debshirl

does all b110 have hood stripes? looked at brochuers looks like only b112 has stripes but have seen several pictures of b110 having stripes on this web sight.witch is correct?

I just finished painting my B-112 and the decal set didnt come with the stripes. How wide are they and exactly where do they go on the gas tank and battery cover.

Look at my profile in the gallery is a shot from back in the day head on it's black and white but you maybe able to see them

The B-110 definitely has the stripes. Those photo's are of prototype tractors not actual production models, I also noticed this in the original B-110 owners manual. The engine in the pictured B-110 is a 12hp. In the owners book you can see the synchrobalance cover on it which the 10's didn't have. There are other differnces too, the 12's like the B-112 and B-12 had the crome air cleaner and long intake, every factory original B-110 I have seen had a black aircleaner and short intake ( I added chrome to mine). If you look very closely I believe that even the grill has more slant than the production models, you can see a difference between it and the one on the B-112 above.

There was early and late editions of the B-110's. The early ones had the push button starter and the ones I have seen like this did not have those stripes.

I have an original early B-110 3 speed with HI/LO, push button start and double hinged seat pan and no stripe on the battery/gas tank hood cover. My Nephews B-112 and my HB-112 have the hood cover stripe.

I have both an early and a late B110 and both have stripes. also the B110 in my profile was an early and it had the stripes too

I kown that we bought a b-110 new in 68 with a push button start and it can with the stripes. Our neighbor still have thier b-110 with a push button start and it has always had the stripes.