Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-10 w/loader What do I ask?

lammerf

I was restoring a 1964 Big Ten with either a L-10 or L-12 loader (still researching). I'm having the motor put back together and the frame repainted and rear seals installed but there is a lot of details which need to be done; seat, steering wheel, etc. I've developed Parkinson's and can't do the rest. How much should I ask if I choose to sell it?

First off Welcome to the site! Well the most famous saying is its worth as much as you get for it. A lot of it depends on location, shape of the unit, and what you have invested in it already. There was a B-10 or Big ten with a trip bucket loader on ebay a while back and it brought around 900 dollars I think and it wasn't in running condition. If its complete and in working condition it would probably bring more money than if its in peices. Loaders are a rarer attachment. Hope this helps.

Hi Frank, welcome to the club! About the loader, the difference: an L10 is a trip bucket, an L12 is full hydraulics to the bucket and arms. Either way they are both valuable; I paid $800 for my L10 with all the parts needed for installation. It was in somewhat rough shape though- lots of rust, original lines, needed a pump rebuild and the bucket needed welding. Despite all this I felt I'd done well price-wise.