Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tachometer (RPM) gage

onefeather

Hi everybody, I have a question! Is there such a thing as a tachometer for an AC 416 series, with a kohler engine? Thanks

Yes, there was an optional factory tach for the 300 & 400 series tractors. I have only ever seen two, one of which was in a 410 that was sold the day before I saw it for $125 with a good running 10hp Kohler. Dan

Thanks to everyone that heiped with the techometer question. It would be nice to find an original one, but will most likley have to get an after market product. Thanks to all

All of the 400 series I have seen haven't had a hole for the tack, they came with only a stamp out for an hour gauage, all of the 300 series I have seen did have a cut out for a tach. The 2 I have seen with a original tack in were both the 314 delux models, all of tyhe other 300 series had a plastic cover over the hole. The tach I saw in the original ones was made by motorola with a hour meter built into them and went up tp 4000 rpm.

Just want to say thanks to everyone that answered my question, 0n a techometer for a 416. I am ordering one from the posted web site. It is even a small rectangle that will fit the 416 dash board. Thanks to all, again. Onefeather