Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
jackcobb

620 won't start?

jackcobb
Well, I shouldn't say it won't start. You can use the "do the screwdriver on the solinoid trick" and it will spin and start. Bought a 620 yesterday, they said they had started it many times- no problem. Hit the key -- nothing. Moved the hydro lever back and forth around the nuetral spot and you could get a light click occasionally. Think a saftey switch (where would it be?) or the ignition switch could be bad? Wires?

AGCO918
JACK: GLAD YOU GOT A 620 .HOPE YOU CAN BRING IT TO OUR SHOW SOME TIME.GLAD YOU GOT A NEW TOY.DONT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE 620 MAYBE UNDER THE SEAT OR THE HYDR LEVER COULD HAVE A SAFETY SWITCH ON IT. THE WIRES COULD BE PART OF THE PROBLEM .

Sandy_Lake_Imp
Congrats Jack on getting a 620! I think you will find the nuetral start switch on the hydro control arm down at the hydro unit. Remove the top plate to see it. Should be a button type contacted by a point on the arm. Watch your ammeter as you try to crank it. If you get a single click & the ammeter shows a strong discharge then the solenoid is sticking or arced up at the internal contacts. You will have to lift the engine to remove the solenoid or starter. Before going that far give me a call to discuss some of the alternatives. Bill

FiremanRon
Well Jack, the start circuit also runs through the front and rear clutch switches. purple and light green on the front switch and light green and light green on the rear switch. the neutral switch has purple and white to it. The wiring diagram also shows a terminal strip between the neutral switch and the starter solenoid "the white wire" Good Luck Mark.... my e-mail is markpogue@hotmail.com not maarkpogue. I have just noticed that.