Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
sunalp4

How to tell if you have one of those KT's

sunalp4
Hi everyone, I have a real nice Simplicity 7119 that is in almost mint original condition. It has the KT 19 horse twin in it. Now I've heard all the bad things about the KT's but I just learned that there was a series 1 and a series 2. Am I correct? If so how do you tell if it's a good one or a bad one? So far it's done a summers worth of mowing and is getting ready to do a winters worth of plowing. I guess I just want to know if I'll be replacing the engine anytime in the near future. It runs really nice and smooth, so I hope I won't be doing this at all. Thanks in advance for the info. Cheers! Steve

johnmonkey
The series 2 is marked series two on the serial number. The reason they blow is that are an oil bath system and they will starve for oil on slopes. The series 2 has an oil pressure system and won't blow as easily. jh

Dark
http://www.kohlerengines.com/common/resources/tp_2043_a.pdf read this it will tell you the differences :o) its either a spray or a pressured system

sunalp4
Hey thank guys! I just got home & looked at the tractor and yep, a big II on the side of the cylinder head cover. hat makes me feel alot better! Cheers! Steve