Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bought a Snow Cab- One happy 1920!

Jason

Hi Guys Been awhile since I have posted or been on this site. Been very busy but finally got around to renewing my membership. Now I now some people might find it odd but I ended up adding a John Deere 455! That's right the temptation of the green side was too strong! LOL. Anyway I bought it for the Yanmar Diesel and All Wheel Steering. I really wished Simplicity offered All Wheel Steering on the Legacy, would probably have gotten one of them. Not a fan of zero turns, so that's why I went with the AWS route. But anyway none of my Agco mowers left my fleet. I could not let my 1920H go. Way to nice of a tractor to sell. She now just rolled over the 1100hr mark on the Kohler Command engine. Still sounds like new! Had only 351hrs when I picked her up 5 years ago. She has done a lot of work with many more hrs ahead of her. Salesman said I should get 2000 - 2500hrs out of the Command. I plan to eventually restore her and maybe repower her at some point down the road. But anyway I got sick and tired of blowing snow without a cab. Last year we had some windy days when blowing snow. I had enough of that!. Went to the local Simplicity Dealer and ordered a new cab( about 850 Canadian)and it should be arriving soon. We got about 4inchs of snow today and the 1920 is still set up for leave pick up & the Blower still sitting in the snow. Had to shovel the wet snow by hand( I little excercise does not hurt) Temps should go up by next week. I am going to finish up leaves and switch over to Snow.( Been an odd year for leaves this year, normally I am done by the 2nd of November but not this year. Take Care Jason B Pictures will follow at a later date once my 1920H is set up with it's new "Cozy Cab" and blower.

I nearly bought a new JD Spin-Steer 4 years ago. I resisted the temptation, and now I own 3 Simplicities. (I've owned 5, but I have the fleet down to 3 right now...lol) I'm still money-ahead. Tacey

Glad to hear you got a cab for your tractor.Would like to get one for my AGCO 2027 Diesel ,but dont think it would fit with loader.Send some snow to Ohio.Post some pictures of your cab when you get it on your tractor.

quote:
Originally posted by AGCO918
Glad to hear you got a cab for your tractor.Would like to get one for my AGCO 2027 Diesel ,but dont think it would fit with loader.Send some snow to Ohio.Post some pictures of your cab when you get it on your tractor.
Hi Will do! Just stopped at the dealer yesterday in reguards to the cab. It should be in soon. Getting a "soft side" cab. Should be a major improvement although I would have loved to get a hard side cab, but the legacy Hardside cab would not fit. Would not mind upgrading to a Legacy someday after the 1920H, but then again I have been tempted by the small Agco Subcompacts as well. But giving up the 1920H would be a very hard thing to do. I love it too much. Take Care Jason B

Dont give up that nice tractor yo have. Get a AGCO compact or a Simplicity XL same as my AGCO 2027.Post pictures when you can.You have a nice collection of Gleaner toys from seeing your webpage on toytractortimes.

quote:
Originally posted by AGCO918
Dont give up that nice tractor yo have. Get a AGCO compact or a Simplicity XL same as my AGCO 2027.Post pictures when you can.You have a nice collection of Gleaner toys from seeing your webpage on toytractortimes.
No plans to trade her any time soon. Yeah a 2027 would be nice to have, although a just got a 455AWS this year. I have grown attached to it as well so I would not give that one up either. Need a bigger shed LOL for all the stuff I am getting. Thanks for comments about my Gleaner toys. It has taken me awhile to get all of them and I am nowhere near having all the variations yet. Plus I have been collecting the 1/16th Simplicity Toys that have came along as well. Have all the toy Sunstars, and 1920 versions. Got a 1/16th Agco 2025 as well. Take Care Jason B

Finding a cab for the B-12 proved way too difficult. The one I did find would've req'd me to drill holes in the fenders:O. Just couldn't do it. So, I bought a Wheel Horse 416-8 Hydro with cab. Can't wait for snow!

Hi I hear you about the cab! I can't wait for snow now! Still waiting for the dealer to get the cab in still. Probably held up at Canadian Customs for all I know. Anyway I will be happy once it gets here. I was tired of blowing snow with out a Cab. Especially that light fluffy stuff with a 20 -25mph wind. Take Care Jason B