Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Picture of 1920 Collecting grass last year

Jason

Hi Thanks. Wish I had some more pictures of this fall, but it's been hetic as is. Got 4 inchs of snow yesterday and I still have leafs to pick up. But oh well, soon be switching over to snow removal. Wagon used to be orange, I have since painted it black and put a slow moving sign on the back. Wagon holds about 50 bushels dry, and close to 100 bushels wet. It really packs her in there when shes wet. Used to have the older wagon that held 25 bushels but needed to upgrade. Take Care Jason B

Looks like a nice setup you have there.How long does it take to fill up the wagon? My lawnsweeper does a good job,just have thought about having a setup like that on back of agco2027.Would maybe buy one if i found used but am happy with what i have.Thanks for the pictures.

quote:
Originally posted by AGCO918
Looks like a nice setup you have there.How long does it take to fill up the wagon? My lawnsweeper does a good job,just have thought about having a setup like that on back of agco2027.Would maybe buy one if i found used but am happy with what i have.Thanks for the pictures.
Hi Filling the wagon depends on the conditions and how many leafs have fallen. If wet, I can usually do three and a half lawns with a fair amount of leaves on the ground. Picking up leafs Dry: Now that's a different story, it fills the wagon up extremly fast. Just like combining corn, and how the bin fills up. In dry conditions, if there is a heavy amount of leafs on the lawn, usually I get 3 to four loads, if wet that would be 1 load equivalent. The wagon packs wet leafs better then dry leafs. Depending on the customer, I try to pick up leaves when they are wet as the wagon packs them more and I can go longer with out unloading, thus said being more productive. However I don't pick up leafs in extremly wet conditions as the wagon can leave ruts. Downside to picking upleaves when wet, is it is a pain to shovel out a fully loaded wagon of wet leaves, compared to dry leaves. Downsides and trade off's for both conditions. I would like to make the wagon hydrolically unload it's self but have not gotten around to it. Yeah the vacum system it's self has been a really good out fit, although it will be rebuilt this winter as there are holes forming badly from running walnuts through the machine. Take Care Jason B