Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1920H - Time for Rebuild?

Jason

Hi I got a 1996 Agco Allis 1920H with kohler Command @ 1,103hrs on the clock. Just wondering how much longer should she be able to run before the engine and transmission need to be rebuilt? How expensive would it be for a rebuild? Tractor is definately worth saving. I have been told by a Walker dealer, that sells Walkers with Command Engines, that I can get at least 2500 to 3000hrs out of the Kohler Command previding it is maintained properly. I have thought about buying a spare Kohler Command Engine as a back up in case the engine does go. Not sure what I would do with the transmission though.When the time comes, would it make more sense to repower her with a Honda 24hp engine kit? Has anyone done that yet? I know the kits exsist. Take Care Jason B

The honda would be a good choice or even a Diesel if you could get it to fit.Diesel fuel is more but i like them better because if taken care of they will last forever.

quote:
Originally posted by AGCO918
The honda would be a good choice or even a Diesel if you could get it to fit.Diesel fuel is more but i like them better because if taken care of they will last forever.
Hi Yeah I would love to put a Yanmar Diesel in my 1920H( Simular to my 455 Deere) but that might be out of the question to fit. Yeah a Honda engine would be nice. What's the Diesel in your Agco 2027 and hows the fuel economy? I am getting about 40% savings with my Deere's Yanmar Diesel over gas. When I bought my 1920 back in Oct of 2002, I was looking at an Agco 2024D Diesel with 60 inch deck. It was a sharp tractor but a little out of my price range at the time. Take Care Jason B