Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Decals

CHolmes

Anyone recommend a set of decals for an early B-10? I see there are several people selling them so I need an opinion on which vendors you all are satisfied with the quality/price etc.

Maple Hunter has ones that are not exact, but the price is nice. Wells has some that are a lot more, but are the best you will find. It's all in what you are willing to spend. I got my B1 decals from Maple Hunter for $35. I don't quite remember what Wells get for them, but I know that are a lot more, but are exact replicas.

I have a set of them from maple-hunter. I haven't finished painting the tractor so I haven't applied them yet. All the orginial decals were gone already but they look just like the ones in the sales pictures and look the same as the ones Wells pictured on their site, but I can't tell without removing the paper but I think he may have added a thin 1/16th inch chrome trim around the outside edges of the hood decals, I don't know if the original had this or not since they were gone, and I can't tell from pics. Looks good to me anyway, and he also doesn't have an ID tag decal or patent # decal for the early b-10, I bought those separate from Mark Wells.

I used Maple-Hunter decals on my B-110 project. The spec. decal was incorrect, but an e-mail to Tony got it fixed and replaced. For the price, they are not too bad.

I don't know if this contact info is current but you can give it a try. Maple-Hunter decals Tony or Carrie Giletto Phone or Fax: 979-693-3619 email: lawngardendecals@yahoo.com Wells Implement Mark Wells www.wellsimplement.com I think this guy has decals too, not sure about price. www.normstoys.com

What is the quality like on the Maple hunter decals? They are half price of Wells but if poor quality probably worth spending the money. My tractor doesn't have to be perfect but real good is nice.

Killer do you know if he has some for the 400 series ?? i need a complete set for the 410 & the 416 i am working on . Thank you

Chris, Here is a picture of my restored B-110 with Maple-Hunter decals. Audrey, my bride of 50 years and a great helper to install the decals, is with me. As I stated in my post above, I feel that they are a good value for the price. David, Maple-Hunter lists hood only decals for the 410,416 at $20 per set. Jim

quote:
Originally posted by CHolmes
Well a handsome couple indeed! Oh and nice tractor.
I hope I look that good when I get that old! :D Actually I'm not all that far behind you & you look better than I do now! LOL Congrats on the 50 years. I hope I am blessed enough to enjoy a 50th with my Wife! My wife also helps out whenever I need it. Ya can't get no better than that!!!!!