Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3314H Questions

Architectdave

Hello all new guy here. Wanted to say Hi and pose a couple of questions. I have my grandfathers 3314H that he has used since new. I grew up with this tracor and I am planning on restoring it in a year or so. I remember as a kid Gramps had a few mower decks for the tractor but nothing ever really worked correctly, not sure why. I had the fortune of picking up a 42 inch deck this weekend brought it home and it fits perfect. My question is where does the drive belt come from? Front? Back? my PTO right hand lever engages the front pully off the engine and I dont see another PTO. If anyone has a diagram or pictures of how the belts hook up that would be a big help. My unit is a 3314H soveriegn model. thanks guys.

HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE SITE; there should be a leaver on the left side like the one on the right, that operates a cone clutch behind the left tire, the belt runs from there down to 1 more pully to guide it to the front.

Welcome to the site Dave. The PTO that drives the mower is just behind your left foot when seated on the tractor. It is between the left rear wheel and the frame. If you lift up the rear fenders you should be able to get to it easily, unless it has been removed for some reason.

Welcome aboard, the pto should be a cone clutch under the seat. You should down load a manual from the Simplicity web site. It would also be a great investment to join the club,($10.00) you will gain your money back tenfold. You can also post pictures witha membership. jh

Thanks guys if anyone has a picture from up under that would be really cool. Also I was looking at other folks pictures of their 3314's and noticed somthing. In mine the front PTO pully spring assembly protrudes from the grill as in gramps cut a hole to allow the cover to close. It sticks out 1/2"+ Also he butchered the cover with a sawz all so the front is fixed and the top folds open. Anyone know where I can get a new or nice used hood? Gramps had a nack for jerry rigging everything.... Ive spent years putting things back they way god made them so they would operate properly....the tractor will be no differant.

Download these manuals PARTS MANUAL - Sovereign 3314V 14HP Tractor, Landlord 3310V 10HP Tractor http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_1655_00_LL_S.pdf PARTS MANUAL - Sovereign and Landlord Hydrostatic Drive Riding Tractors http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_3666_00_SV_S.pdf OPERATOR'S MANUAL - Landlord and Soveriegn http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_100_1328_00_LL_S.pdf

3300's had a pto setup like the FDT's (Foot Dragging Tractor). Should be a hanging PTO (Power Take-Off) pulley assy under the tractor. One belt goes to the pulley assy from the left side of the middle gear box (BGB) to the assy and another to the deck from the assy. The deck is engaged by moving a pulley to tighten the belt from the BGB to the PTO assy. You should be able to determine what I'm talking about from the links UCD posted. You are most likely missing the PTO assy that hangs under the tractor.

So if im missing said PTO are they around for sale? Do memebers have parts rigs? Im going to have to check and see if i have any of the parts I need. I sure could use a picture of all this with the belt in place...

Welcome, Dave!^ This is the setup on a 2010 Landlord, a little older than yours. If your tractor doesn't have a clutch assembly, with 2 pulleys in this general area, then your tractor needs this setup.

If you can't find something locally, let me know, I have one around here somewhere.

So it seems I do not have the PTO for my 3314H. I spoke to the guy who sold me the deck I recently bought and he has a 3410 PTO off a parts tractor. I compared the pictures to the line drawing parts group and it appeares the two set ups are similar but differant to. Does anyone know if a 3410 set up will bolt up to my 3314? Any help would be great. Anyone have a 3314 set up? Thanks.... Dave

quote:
Originally posted by Architectdave
Does anyone know if a 3410 set up will bolt up to my 3314? Any help would be great. Anyone have a 3314 set up? Thanks.... Dave
The 3410 uses a cone clutch. The clutch you are looking for was used on many earlier models. Anything from a 3300 series, 3200 series, 2200 series, or from an Allis Chalmers B110, B112, B210, or B212 should work for you. If nobody on here comes up with one, they are on E-Bay every now and then. You might drop an e-mail to Craig Garbers, you can send him an email from his member profile page, as he seems to find a lot of these older tractors every now and then and parts them out. He also posts in the classifieds here quite often.

• 2 weeks later...
It would seem I have found and purchased a PTO for my 3314 but have not recieved it yet. I am missing the drive pully that comes off the transmission. Does anyone ahve a source either nos or aftermarket for this pulley? I also may need bearings and to repalce a pully on the pto as it is chipped. Does anyone have a diameter for the drive pulley? I was thinking i might find one local and fit it to my rig. Im in no big hurry, planning on a summer build up of the parts. thanks dave.

Thanks for the offer, depending on my ebay deal I may take you up on that. Any idea the diameter of the drive pullies?

Okay I now have my PTO in hand and need to mount it. If you look at hdfx81 pictures its just like that. I already have the PTO engagment lever and connecting rod that is a factory installed in front of the seat on the side of the frame. There is one on each side the one on the right side as i sit on my tractor is the front PTO and the one on the left is the one Im concerned with. If I look at the picture hdfx81 posted above the engagement lever with that big black shield on it is outside of frame while mine is inside. Any idea what the differance is for instalation? Also the PTO uses a pin that mounts the unit by passing thru two holes in the frame. I have one hole below the shaft that drives the PTO but i dont have ont to support it on the other side. Is it possible my 3314 neds a cone clutch or am i missing something here.

Went out to the shed and took a couple pics of my 3314H center pto for you, at -20 I didn't study the difference between it and the good ole footdraggers though :O Where the pencil is pointing is where it hangs from the transmission plates

Right side view of mounting in tranny plate, you can see the shaft stub sticking out just below the orange paint.

Shot from the rear just in case it tells you anything

Stange how it's dripping a lake on the floor, that vickers didn't use 2 oz mowing all summer?

Holy crap MPH you are the MAN!!! thankyou so much for the Photos!!! You took a lot of time to do that for me and I really appriciate it. thats awesome thanks again!!!