Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mooseman3210

Rear weight problem Fixed

mooseman3210
I had an old weight set that was at the house when we bought it so i used some of the parts off it to make some weights for my tractor.

Had trouble making brackets . As i don't have a welder so a lot of grinding and hole drilling i was able to come up with this . i think it will work . i used a think piece of tubing to go through the thinner square tubing i was able to stand on the weight and jump up and down and it didn't seem to bend or shift i hope this works for the winter. next year i can take this to my Brother in-laws and do some welding and make it stronger .

mooseman3210
took the snow blower off to work on the plow . I have that all hooked up and finally got the thing loose so that i can move it. It was rusted real bad . broke my old ball peen hammer in the proses had to get that fixed before i could finish beating it loose. but i now have it working tomorrow i will get the thing all set up to use . Then i can put the snow blower back on . but i think I'm going to take off 1 or two of the weights real heavy . i can still move it with 1 arm but it takes some work .

joshuaareed
So when are ya gonna put those tire chains on? The snow is a coming. At least you guys don't get as much snow as we do, or so I am told. My house sits right in the path for lake effect right off of Lake Ontario.

mooseman3210
i had the chains on and took them off eariler in the day so i could take this down the road . i put them back on the same night i can take a picture in the morning for ya . have a good night .