Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Greetings

cudakid67

Hello everyone, Just wanted to introduce myself and say that I am thankful that I found this club. My name is Jaden and I live in southeast Iowa. I have spent a good part of my life wrenching on muscle cars and race car, but have found a new hobby. Over the past few months a couple of my friends and I have accumulated some garden tractors. I currently have a B-207, B-12 and a Massey 12. They are sitting in a friends garage with about 12 green tractors and a Cub 70. I just picked up the B-12 this past weekend in SW Missouri and also spent a day scouring the area for other vintage tractors. I came across a few old AC's but nothing was for sale. I have been using this site for information for a few months now and tonight took the time to look at the entire site and found this message board. I look forward to learning more about these tractors and will most likely have a number of questions to ask. Jaden

Welcome to the group Jaden. You will find the board is one of the best sources for answers to questions. I too have a B-12 and an MF12. Chris

Hi Jaden, welcome to the site! I am sure you will like it here. Sounds like you have a nice start on a collection, couple great tractors there! I myself live just down river so to speak, Nauvoo Illinois. Nice to know of another tractor nut in the area! Judging from your screen name another Mopar nut as well.8D If you think the info here is great, spend the ten to become a member! It is a total bargain.:D

Hey! Welcome! You've come to the right place. You'll find alot of good info, advice and people. I don't know about your friend with all the green stuff though. Sounds like trouble to me. LOL:O^:D:o)

quote:
Originally posted by goatfarmer
Welcome Jaden!|) Tell us about the 'Cuda.....
Ya the Cuda!!! Welcome. We love pictures... just mention the tractor once in a while to keep it in the same thread!!! LOL :D:D Greg

Thanks to everyone for their warm welcomes. I must say this group is quite impressive based just on the few days I have been a member. I placed one classified add looking for parts and have 3 people looking to help me immediately. As for the pics, I'll get of mine and my friends other pics posted this weekend. For those of you asking about the Barracuda. It's a 67 Barracuda notchback with a 273. I got it about 10 years ago when I was 15 and drove it everyday in high school and delivered pizzas in it for quite a few years. The car was originally from Wisconsin which caused a little havoc on the unibody and ate away at the front frame. I recently bought a 75 Plymouth Scamp and I will be using it as a donor car for my Barracuda to get it back on the road. I'm in the process of (currently not working to much on it, spending more time with the garden tractors)stripping the Scamp and getting ready to remove the frame. In the past I've also owned a 66 Coronet Station Wagon with a 440. I grew up around muscle cars and they will always be a passion of mine. My step dad currently has a 69 SS396 Camaro and a 66 Coronet 2 door hardtop. My brother is currently re-restoring his first car, a 1970 Challenger RT/SE. So as you can see, wrenching is kind of a family thing, I love stuff with motors and garden tractors fit the mold pretty well. My other passion is dirt track racing. I've been helping my best friend with his open wheel modified since we were in high school and do websites for him and another friend. www.17racingteam.com www.banks22racing.com Sorry for the book, just thought I would give a little more background. Hopefully I can get some pictures up soon for all to see. jaden

Nice looking websites!^ I have had many A-body Mopars through the years. Looking forward to the pics. I have two B-12s in many pieces and a B-112. of course there are other brands here too.:I

Welcome Jadon I live a ways north of you in Cedar Falls, Glad to see some more Iowa boy in the club. Maybe we can get something like a spring fling going in this part of the country.

Great idea! Those right coast boys and girls have a lot going on over there. There is not much around here for garden tractors. :p